The Crystallization System is designed for chemists who are interested in monitoring or controlling crystallizations, emulsions, suspensions, etc. The system allows turbidity to be examined and modified by controlling temperature and/or additions to the vessel.
The turbidity system can be used in a wide range of applications. The turbidity probe can be used as a simple crystallization point detection or in more complex studies of metastable crystallization zones, secondary nucleation and polymorphism issues.
A list of a typical applications can be seen below:
- Crystallization Studies
- Automated metastable zone width studies
- Optimization of product recovery – crystal size, purity and recovery
- Crystallization Control
- Crystallization along turbidity ramp
- Scale-up Studies
- Batch-to-batch repeatability
- Agitation effects
- Polymorphism Studies
- Impact of different solvents, mixtures, concentrations and temperatures
- Impact of crystal “seeding”